Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Headed into week 10

Seriously 1/4 of the way there?! We are nervous and excited for our adventures of the upcoming weeks.

I have my first OB appointment in the morning. For those of you who have had a child you know what the first OB appointment entails and it doesn't seem like ANY fun to me! I'm not ready for the joys of it! Last time my first ob was at 8 weeks. I am very excited to go because sometimes by week 10 you can find fetal heartrate by doplar. Which means i might get to hear the baby heartbeat again tomorrow! I'll try to record it and post it if we can hear it!

Sunday night I ended up going to ER. I was throwing up so much that i actually was bleeding down into my stomach and throwing up blood. Thats not fun! I wasn't concerned about that because i did the same thing at some point in time with little man! But I wanted to go in and get some medicine that would give me a little bit of relief from the vomiting! They gave me my happy drug (Zofran.) It helped tremedously! I got home late and finally fell asleep. Only to wake up when the effects of the meds wore off so i could get up and get sick again. :(

I'm hoping this pregnancy it won't last all the way to 28 weeks like it did with Kayd. They say by weeks ten and eleven that the placenta has reached a substantial enough size that it will sustain our little ones hormones so I don't have to!

On a not baby note, my grandmother just entered the hospital last night. She's having troubles breathing again and isn't feeling well. Unfortunately, they don't think she has an active infection, and this is just as good as it gets. Her body is giving out on her. She's having trouble fighting anymore and anything done medically at this point will just be comfort measures. Its hard to imagine her not being there to hold our new little one. My heart is already dreading the next weeks and months and hopefully years. I can't imagine getting married without her there! Its hard enough to not have my grandfather there to officiate!

Just keep my grandma, my baby, and my family in your prayers as we continue our journey in good and tough times together!

No comments: