Monday, October 27, 2008

A great weekend

We got to spend most of our weekend with my new family!

We went to my soon to be brother and sisters house on friday for a birthday party! The kids had so much fun together! I absolutely fell in love with my niece and nephews. Kens brothers wife and i are within a few weeks of each other in our pregnancy! This is their fourth.

I had met them and some of the rest of my new family before... but i met most of them this weekend! I also met the pastor and the associate pastor and their wives of the church the family goes to. It was really nice to spend time chatting with all of them on friday.

Saturday I made muffins for breakfast and we just laid around all day. Kayd went over to play with Papa in the afternoon and Ken and i just rested and relaxed all day. By four i was so sick i was ready to sleep and spent the last of our day completely miserable.

We got up early Sunday and realized ken didn't have to work AGAIN yesterday, so we got up and got ready and went to church with the fam. It was a wonderful time of fellowship. After service we went back to Kens grandparents house for family dinner. Spaghetti! YUM! His brother and sister in law came over with their kids and we got to play all day! it was just so priceless. By the end of our day, i was Aunt Jamie! Its really just such an exciting part of our new life together. I fell in love with his family and even more in love with him this weekend.

I'm very excited for today... I'm laying on the couch drinking a soda (caffiene free) eating fattening and bad for me cheese balls and watching a bit of tv with my feet up! Kayd goes to school in a few hours and then i get to take a nap!!!!!

No comments: