Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm becoming a hypno-mom

Yea i know! Sounds like a crazy cult yes?!? Well its not. From what i can tell it seems like the evolution of the lamaze our moms all swear by!

Yes. I do once again want to have a natural childbirth experience! No drugs. Little if any monitoring for both me and baby. Waterlabor (and quite possibly birth). Absolutely no Pitocin this time however! I do NOT want to experience that unless absolutely needed!!!!

Hypnobirthing seems to be a deep relaxation that will allow the mother to be so relaxed that there is little to no pain. From things I've read, it seems that 70 percent of moms who hypnobirth have painless labors! They are more energized and ready to interact during pushing and in the first moments of the childs life! I even read a testimonial of a woman who delivered a breach baby with no pain or complication. Her medical staff was just dumbfounded! Sounds like a pretty decent idea to me!

Definitely excited to look into this more and see if there are any classes offered in my area!

No comments: