Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lots of new stuff

I saw my doctor yesterday. Took him my films from my MRI and we looked over them together.

There is degeneration as well as a herniation in the disc between L4 and L5! I start PT today! I'm actually excited for that! It will feel good to get out of the house and away. And Kayd can't come with me! Its like a mini vacation! Doc doesn't want to do a spinal block because of the risks it produces for my little unnamed wonder. (still doesn't have a name the poor kid!) I'm hoping there's something they can do or recommend that will make my next 5-8 weeks more managable.

I talked to my doctor yesterday while i was in about how we aren't sure grandma is going to make it til the baby comes and if in five weeks she's still here and we're coming down to the wire he needs to know that I'm going to push to do anything i can to get the baby here while she's still alive. I remember 10 years ago when my grandfather died, the day we burried him my moms cousin rhonda had her first child. I just don't want to give birth on the same day i bury my second mom.

So i guess if you're reading this pray that i make it and she makes it and we both have the emotional strength to get there.

I will know by the days end if i am proud owner of a new breast pump or not. Well not new but new to me. I have all the tubings and things I'd need for the pump as i was lucky enough to borrow a pump from a friend last time. Between that and my sanitizing dish washer i think i'm ready for some pumping action.

I'm still not ready to have a baby. Its going to be such an adjustment! And I just don't know how i'm going to juggle my life, my kid, my grandma, and my baby! But somehow we'll figure it out and we'll get there!

No comments: